This week was Pancake Tuesday, so in Thomas Court Hub we had pancakes for dessert at lunchtime, and we also made a healthy version in the healthy home cooking class with bananas and oats.
To cook this recipe is simple and easy.
- 2 bananas, 2 large eggs, 30g oats
- A decent size container
- A frying pan
- A blender
Then follow these steps:
- Mash the bananas and eggs together in the bowl with a fork
- Put the mixture to one side.
- Blitz your oats with the blender until they are fine.
- Next add your blitzed oats to the banana and egg mix and mix in well.
- Add some cinnamon and mix together again.
- Next take a non-stick frying pan put it on a medium heat.
- Use some sunflower oil to grease the pan.
- Add two or three spoonful’s of the mixture to the frying pan and cook for about two minutes, or until the pancake is golden brown.
- Once the first side has cooked you can flip your pancake to cook the other side.
- Once your pancake is cooked, you can add some natural yoghurt, honey, strawberries, blueberries, banana, cream, chocolate spread or anything you like. The world is your oyster!